Monday, December 21, 2009

Weight and the Modern Man


Right. Recently I read an article about the evolution and modern Man. That our brains are shrinking and physically we are weaker than we use to be thousands of years ago. Firstly, you have to open to the idea of evolution. Once that is established, you must lend an ear to the idea of of rapid evolution. Whether you believe it or not, Science has witnessed evolution. We can, on a microscopic level, observe it happening to microorganisms. Now, before I continue, I have to say that I am not a certified Scientist in any field nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but I give the benefit of doubt that most people with an I.Q. above 100 will at least listen to an untried idea. That if you are interested enough you will do your own research into the subject. On that note, at this moment my location does not allow me to site other web sites with the information that would support my statements, but-then-again I expect you to take what I say with a grain of salt and solid skepticism.

Modern Man has no need for the amount of physical strength and endurance that our ancient ancestors possesed. That's the brunt of it. Since the advent of agriculture we no longer need to hunt-and-gather. I mean, its not like I need the same physical attributes to hunt down a loaf of bread in isle three at Wal-Mart than I would an antelope on the African savanah. I can say that for, at least, the last two to four thousand years we have had markets we could walk or ride to and precure food. So, many no longer needed to hunt or gather. Thus, we did not need the abilities to hunt a rabbit or whatnot because they were farmed.

The Fantastic G has spoken!

No comments:

Post a Comment