Thursday, December 24, 2009

Funny how things work out...


Science is a wonderous invention. It affects everyone. I mean nearly every single person on this planet. If you are reading this then you definately enjoy the fruits of Scienitific Research and Development. Of course everything we have today we owe to two inventions: the wheel and the ability to ignite fires. Of course, there is a dark side to science is that it has been used for killing. Killing man, animals, and nature. A shame Man puts so much time and effort into such wasteful things. Although I do enjoy my life style, I have to believe those smarter than myself can come up with ways to maintain this life style without killing Man nor Nature. Hopefully sooner than later as we only have one planet to live on and it is such a beautiful place from what I have seen of it.

You see, science is neither good nor bad. Like many things that have come and gone because of it, science is what the user makes it. A gun, for instance, used to kill a deer for food is good. A gun used to kill a man to take his car is bad. Then again, that might depend on your point of view.

Science is the study of things. Very large things, very small things, and unseen things. Finding answers to questions of all kinds. Questioning everything and accepting nothing at face value. Verification from mulitple sources. Of course, I have spoken before of Science's greatest contribution to Mankind: the Scientic Method. Because of this, we have many of the things we hold dear in modern life. Infact, it made this iPhone I am typing this blog on.

Thousands of years ago I highly doubt that the humans that discovered the ways to make fire from tender thought about what it would lead to in the distant future.

With that being said, I am glad that those people long ago discovered the wheel and fire. It allowed me to live the way I do today.

The Fantastic G has spoken!

No comments:

Post a Comment