Sunday, December 20, 2009

A distant thought

Working the way I do on a shift schedule is a hard thing to do if you have emotional attachments to your home. When you have something to go back home to, being gone is much worse than if you didn't have a wife or kids or both. After a fashion, money just isn't enough incentive to stay out. I don't understand how the men and women in the Military do it. Six months or more away from home is unfathomable to me. Seems my limit varies from job to job. Now, working four weeks at a time is perfect. I don't feel like I've been away too long and it's long enough at home for me to recharge my batteries.

Honestly, as much as I want to work back home in the States I don't think I would like it anymore. I'd end up in a depression and complaining that im not spending enough time with my beautiful wife. Getting up everyday spending ten to twelve hours working seven days a week... Well that would just suck. Considering I have done that for two years already I think I've gotten my fill of it.

Besides, there are some very nice perks to my line of work. First and foremost is that it pays really well. It's paying for my house and cars. Paying for my hobbies and what my Wife wants.





Of course, video games being in my top three hobbies. Cars and photography being my other two. My job allows me to have these hobbies. Another perk of this job is the gross amount of time that it allows me home. Literally, slighty under half the year I spend at home. Much more time at home, believe it or not, at home than when I was working State-side. Funny how I have to find a damn good paying job that allows a lot of time at home working OUTSIDE of the United States of America. Wonderful country we have. I mean it. If it wasn't for American Ingenuity, I wouldn't have a job right now because the oil field wouldn't exist as we know it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment